Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What This Blog is For

Hello

What's the deal with this new blog? Well, the long and the short of it is that my dad passed away on January 27, 2005. For a long time now I have wanted to start a blog as a journal to remember little things about my dad and about my experiences with him and without him.

I read a book when I was younger about a family of 4 kids who lost their parents. Two of them were older and could take care of the younger ones. As a family, they started a journal of their memories of their parents. Even if it was just a sentence or two about some little memory. They felt it was important, especially for the younger ones, to retain their memories of their parents.

It's been almost 4 years, and it is only now that I can write a little bit before bawling my eyes out. When I think of them, I will write down some memories of my dad. And sometime I will sit down with a box of kleenex and write the story about when he died. You may want to do the same while reading it :)

This blog is mostly for me and my memories. But if you're interested, you're welcome to read. I don't have anything to hide or else I wouldn't do this in blog form. I love my dad and I miss him a lot. If you knew my dad and have a memory you'd like to share on here, please leave comments or email me.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment